Coronavirus in South Tyrol
Coronavirus in South Tyrol – current situation
Here you will find all the answers to the most important questions regarding the coronavirus in South Tyrol.
Carefree skiing fun - We care about you
The Val d’Ega ski resorts have been preparing for weeks to ensure that the 2020/21 winter season can begin on time and run smoothly, safely – and of course snowily. We take maximum care to ensure that hygiene, cleanliness and all existing precautions are observed for your safety.
- Lift queues are a rarity thanks to the high passenger capacities and various access points (7 in Carezza).
- On weekdays the lifts can transport ten times as many guests as can be accommodated in the Val d’Ega – so quiet slopes are guaranteed!
- The Carezza area featureS mainly chairlifts, which permit rapid passenger ascent, all in the fresh air. The cable cars have a maximum capacity of ten people, with open windows ensuring fresh air.
- Travel times on all lifts are short – less than the 15-minute contact limit. (A face-to-face contact of 15 minutes or more means a higher risk of infection.)
- All lifts are regularly disinfected.
- Thanks to the new Skiers Map you can see in real time how busy the lifts are.
- From 15 November ski passes can also be bought online: simply pick up your pass from the ticket box or the Digital Line (fast lane) using the QR code purchased.
- Many hotels also allow guests to buy or pick up tickets on the premises.
Ski schools and ski rental outlets:
- The prescribed group sizes and minimum distance regulations will all be observed on ski and snowboard courses. Timing of courses will be staggered and meeting points kept separate.
- The cleaning and disinfection of all rental equipment (ski boots, skis, ski poles, helmets, snowboards and toboggan) is guaranteed after each use.
Ski huts and staff:
- All ski huts have large sun terraces, and many also offer online booking.
- Staff in many hotels in the ski huts and in the ski rental outlets are all tested for COVID-19.
- All accommodation and service providers scrupulously comply with the safety regulations as required by law (minimum distancing, mouth-nose protection, disinfectant dispensers, etc.)
Free cancellations or refunds are guaranteed in the event that COVID-19 causes the closure of lift facilities and/or hotels.