Tobogganing in the Dolomites
Excited shouting can be heard from far up on the toboggan run, then the sledge with its rider shoots out, fast and safe, from behind a curve. Red noses and broad grins all round - proof that tobogganing is great fun!
On the right track
It is a sport that anyone can do, probably the most straightforward of all the winter sports! The Carezza ski area boasts four toboggan runs totalling 8 km in length, with sledge hire possible from the ski rental shops . A toboggan run and a winter walk also make a perfect combination, not to mention being a fine way to discover the great outdoors! And you don’t necessarily have to get the lift (if in fact there is one) up to the top of the run. You just climb up, give a loud cry, then zoom back down to the valley.
A quick tour of the toboggan runs:
- The Hubertus toboggan run is 1.2 kilometres long and runs from the top of the Hubertus lift to the bottom station, where tickets can be purchased.
- The Schwarzsee toboggan run runs 1.5 kilometres down from the top station of the Franzin ski lift to the vicinity of the Moseralm Hotel.
- The Traunwiesen toboggan run runs for 800 metres over the groomed Traunwiese area.
- NEW from December 2019: the Laurin toboggan run runs for over 4.5 kilometres from the top station of the Nova Ponente lift down to the valley station.
Prices Tobogganing - Ropeway Hubertus
|€ 4,40||€ 4,40||€ 4,40||*|
|€ 18,00||€ 11,00||€ 18,00||*|
Junior born after the 30/11/2002
Senior born before the 30/11/1953
Baby born after the 30/11/2010
* Children born after the 30/11/2010 ride free accompanied by a parent